Thursday, January 23

Room Envy: Revenge

So I fell down the stairs a few days ago and fractured my toe while in the midst of exams, which means that even though exams have just ended, I'm pretty much cooped up at home hoping to recover as soon as possible. Hopefully before Chinese New Year so I can actually wear shoes. #luckof2014

Being cooped up at home means entertainment is limited to books, watching Sundae sleep, or the internet. It also means continuing to watch shows that I had to put on hold during exams! My recent obsession has been Revenge. These days, it's so difficult to find shows that encompass both great style/decor and a good plot.

Charlotte Grayson is the rich girl who has everything a girly girl could want. Her bedroom is a mix of elegance and romance judging by the pink hues and cream-colored decor pieces. There're hints of floral patterns everywhere from the lampshade to her sheets. It does not look messy as accent pieces of dark furniture such as her headboard, desk, and couch provide a neutral color base. The entire room has a very Anthropologie feel which I love.








After scrolling through the photos, did you realize that her room seems to have changed quite a bit?! The color of the walls, headboard, desk, and wall decor made a complete change in the later half of the series! Wow this is such a revelation. Wondering if it has anything to do with the change happening within her family, forcing her to grow up... Okay shall not get too literary about a TV series.

Next is Emily Thorne's room which has a shabby chic and beachy touch to it. The main color scheme is white and mint/turquoise which always looks great when paired together as it creates a clean and soothing atmosphere, which is something I'm currently trying to achieve in my own room. I love the contrast of modern lamps and vases on vintage-looking furniture as it keeps the room from looking boring or outdated.




If you've noticed, warm lighting is a must in creating many different types of atmosphere. I am a personal believer in using warm lighting especially at home because it makes the place look so cozy and inviting, just like in a resort or a spa. Light a few candles and voila, your own personal sanctuary.

Besides the decor in Revenge, I love Victoria Grayson's and Emily's style. Was thinking if I should write up another entry on that but there're so many other websites that find the exact clothing piece they were wearing. Maybe I'll come up with a guide to channeling Victoria Grayson or Emily's style if I'm patient enough to go through the series again in order to take screenshots.

Thursday is almost over and it'll be Friday soon. We made it!

No comments:

Post a Comment